Our company needs a motivated, highly organised and experienced Fabrication / Welding Supervisor to join our team. The Fabrication / Welding Supervisor is responsible for the management and support of the team within the fabrication and welding department along with a hands on role in producing fabrications for customer orders.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:-
- Management and production of fabricated parts from sheet, box and bar through to finished products ensuring that target completion times for manufacture are met.
- Overseeing a team of fabricators and welders (MIG & TIG Welding). Ensuring right first time manufacture and quality standards are met.
- Problem solving of any fabrication and welding process issues, assisting the team in a hands on manner as any issues arise.
- Fielding questions arising in the day to day functions of employees and supporting them in the appropriate manner.
- Management and organisation of departmental paperwork and team personnel ensuring both completion targets and customer delivery timescales are met.
- Attend weekly production and performance KPI (Key Performance Indicator) meetings. Compiling agenda items and actions for completion prior to the next meeting.
- Mentoring of apprentices during their time in the fabrication department.
- Knowledge and experience of fabrication equipment and techniques used on carbon and stainless steels.
- Excellent organisational, communication and people skills.
- Methodical and logical approach to tasks, comfortable with working to deadlines.
- Able to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment with a hands on approach to work.
- Experience in team management.
Qualifications and Experience:-
- Fabrication and Welding qualifications or experience essential.
- Manufacturing or Production Engineering team management experience preferred.
- Good IT skills; experience of Microsoft, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in the implementation and programming of a robotic welding cell would be an advantage.
- Experience with laser cutting would also be an advantage.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
COPYRIGHT ROTOLOK LTD
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES