Our company needs a motivated, highly organised and experienced Production Manager to join our team. Required to create effective policies and procedures to ensure the production department operates at peak efficiency. Excellent people skills required to coach and mentor employees to ensure individual and team performance measures are met.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee a workforce of 37 employees in the production department
- Manage and evaluate the fabrication, machine and assembly resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Support the production team with day to day operations
- Organisation and management of workload to meet customer deadlines
- Strive to reduce cost and increase productivity across all product lines
- Drive continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Ensure all employees follow the company health and safety guidelines
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Report performance (KPI’s) to the Managing Director through weekly reporting
- Target reduction in costs and implements process improvements through Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Excellent managerial and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Strong decision making skills and a results driven approach
- Able to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing operations, within a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing experience preferable
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in Manufacturing or Production Engineering preferable.
- Strong IT skills; proficient user of Microsoft, particularly Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project and Outlook
Job Type: Full-time
We welcome all direct applications from skilled and experienced individuals. Please apply by filling out the form, including you current salary and your salary expectations, and attaching your CV.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 20th October.