A position has arisen for a Quality Officer – Tiverton, UK:‐
Main Job Duties:
- Oversee quality compliance and component inspection in the Laser Department, Fab Shop, Machine Shop and Assembly Department.
- Inspection of components as required for conformance to specification by reference to drawing, documentation and engineering, using full range of inspection instruments, gauges and non‐destructive testing techniques.
- Inspecting completed assemblies and finished parts prior to despatch, making final checks against documentation.
- Ensure Inspection Reports, completed Quality Plans and Certificates of Conformity are fully completed, signed off and stored.
- Fielding quality assurance questions arising in the day‐to‐day functions of employees and acting on them in the appropriate manner.
- Control monitoring and measuring equipment by maintaining calibration requirements.
- Oversee pressure tests and ensure the equipment used is maintained in good working order.
- Coordinate Quality Manual compliance, review and amendment suggestions.
- Monitor vendors and goods inwards to ensure continued compliance with requirements.
- Monitor and ensure completion of any and all Non‐Conformance Records and their associated Non‐Conformance Assessments utilising the Non‐Conformance Register. Investigate non‐conformances and perform 8D problem solving.
- Create a working environment which acknowledges and pro‐actively supports compliance with GMP.
- Manage the Quality Audit process and procedures to facilitate competent internal audits at structured intervals.
- Maintaining awareness of changes to associated standards (ISO 9001, EN ISO/IEC 80079‐34:2011) and implementing changes to the Quality System as required.
- Participate in Production, Quality and other meetings as necessary.
- Act as the hub for all things Quality related.
Quality Officers Skills and Qualifications:
Ideally in addition to the above experience you will be educated to a minimum of HND level in a relevant mechanical/engineering/quality discipline, however candidates with excellent career history, apprentice trained with a hands‐on manufacturing background will also be considered.
Desirable (but not necessary):
- Black or Green Belt Certified
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.